Foreign Exchange Students
Applications for the 2023/2024 school year are closed. We anticipate opening our application for the 2024-2025 school year in March.
Protocol for Foreign Exchange Students:
- Nation Ford High School will accept 3 foreign exchange students per year.
- Applicants must be a high school student in their home country, 9th-12th grade.
- The host family must live in Nation Ford High School’s attendance zone.
- A host family may have only one foreign exchange student attending Nation Ford High School.
- Applicants must participate in an accredited foreign exchange program and will be considered when the student’s full exchange application packet is received. Packets will be reviewed by both Nation Ford High School guidance and administration.
- Students will be accepted on a first come first served basis.
Foreign Exchange Student Enrollment:
- The host family must complete the New Student Enrollment process
- Schedule an enrollment appointment
- Complete the necessary paperwork
- Contact the school counselor to discuss course selection (documentation of courses required by the foreign exchange program should be provided)
Foreign Exchange Student Policies:
- Foreign Exchange students must follow their exchange program’s guidelines regarding courses they must take. However, FMSD policy is that all exchange students must take an English III and US History course while participating in the exchange program.
- Foreign Exchange students will take EOC Exams (if applicable) but are not required to take PSAT, ACT or SAT.
- Foreign exchange students may attend prom regardless of their grade level.
- Foreign exchange students may receive 1 ticket to attend graduation.
If you have any questions, please contact Abby Duncan at firstname.lastname@example.org or 803-835-0445